Liam Bates

Martial Arts & Travel

Friday, March 24, 2006

Travel map



Well, here's the current plan for travel in China summer '06.
Fly into Sanya (Hainan) early June and see a friend. Maybe give scuba diving a quick go but generally just relax after having just finished my final exams.

Move onto Guangzhou by ferry (assuming there's no typhoon, apparently quite common there...) and find my way up to Anhui province somehow on trains and buses. Along the way I'll stop off at loads of little places and check out what life is like.

Once in Anhui I'm going to wander off into the rural countryside and get myself lost in areas where foreigners haven't been seen for ages, check out what life is like in "one of the least developed provinces".

When I'm forced to move on thanks to time constraints I'll wander around a remote area of Hebei, where a good friend of mine, Hunter, is from. Here I'll check out loads of little wushu schools which apparently populate the area. I'll also do a bit of wushu for them and have the masters give me some tips!

Then I'll enter Beijing and spend my remaining 2 months there, arriving right before my birthday. The 28th of June (bday!) will be spent in a KTV (karaoke) club and some WuDaoKou clubs!

Then last day of August off I go to Vancouver, Canada!

Original map thanks to www.sacu.org

2 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    viva le voyage d'insolence bour la justice
    btw that doesnt work or even spelt rite so just LONG LIVE THE CHEEKY TRIP OF JUSTICE!!!

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    RARARARARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Haha 25 days till I arrive in Sanya!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home